Pinterest

Saturday, May 05, 2007

My Mother's Day Tribute


We pay homage to mothers on Mother's Day, but it just isn't enough. Even the Presidential Mother's Day Proclamation is not enough.

When I think of all the mothers I know personally, it's hard to imagine some of the sacrifices they've made and the challenges they've met and conquered.

One mother suffered from drug and alcohol addiction and still rose above the challenge. She now is in a warm relationship and is helping to raise her beautiful healthy daughter. Another mother raised two boys as a single-parent while maintaining a job and enduring the disabilities of MS. My own mother was part of the Greatest Generation and, with millions of other mothers, shared daily sacrifices while raising children during the Great Depression and World War II .

I salute mothers everywhere and hope to learn from their love and dedication.

Technorati technorati tags: , ,

No comments: