Pinterest

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Yoga and Multiple Sclerosis

I lived in India for three years and while there I took yoga lessons. I have been practicing for many years now and I understand the benefits of yoga, especially for reducing stress and keeping the body young.

I was very touched when I saw an article in The Bakersfield Californian Newspaper about free yoga classes for MSers. MS Sufferers Welcomed to Yoga Class tells of yoga instructor, Sally Baker, who will teach the class. She received a special certification as a "yoga in chairs" instructor through a grant from the national Multiple Sclerosis Foundation, headquartered in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

Sally Baker and MSF should be commended. Here, an introduction to yoga is being offered for MSers and is something that I think will be very beneficial to all who participate.

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , ,

No comments: